Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Birthdays... love 'em or hate 'em?

This is the month of many birthdays - including my husband (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) and my twin brother (well, my birthday too if you do the math).  So this got me to thinking about how people think about growing older. 

Here in L.A., looking 20 is still coveted, thought I wouldn't return to my 20's if you paid me!  They weren't bad, but my 30's are SOOOOOOOOO much better!  And, to be honest, if I was worried about aging, my birthday on the fateful September 11 certainly reminded me that aging is far better than some alternative.

So why do people hate getting older?  I love my wisdom, how life gets easier because I know myself better, how every year the skills that I have become more refined.  Sure, I may have some aches and pains now and then, but with healthy eating, exercise, and happiness, life is good. 

You may really not feel good about getting older, but I love every minute of my life.  I'm better now than I've ever been and that's a trend I see continuing long into my aged years.  How do you want to celebrate life?  I think I'll do as they do in India and wear my wrinkles with pride.  Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment