Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sit Up and Take Notice

As I was walking with my little girl this morning, I noticed how she was taking in the world.  For the first time since we've been walking, she sat up in the stroller as we walked.  Now, some of the reason is because we just graduated to a bigger and more supportive stroller, but I attribute most of her sitting up to her curiosity about the world around her, much like the little girl in the photo to the right.

So often we walk through the world and don't take in the simple things around us like the birds chirping, the wind on our face, the smell of the fresh morning...  As your summer comes to a broil, I invite you to take in the wonderful sensations around you.  I don't know what your favorite things are, but mine are the crispness of L.A. mornings (ah, the desert!), hot chai tea warming my belly, my husband's embrace, and my little girl's giggle.

As life evolves, your favorite things list may grow or change.  That's life.  Take notice and see what your favorite things are today that may be different from about 5 years ago.  What has stayed on your "favorite things" list?  Revel in the fact that you're a more evolved you than before - and you're still YOU.

Happy Sunday!

Copyright 2011 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment