Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sending a Card

I'm not implying that I'm great at sending cards for thank you's or just thinking of you's, but I do acknowledge that when I receive one, I'm touched.  In the age of email and electronic communication (which has its distinct advantages), someone taking the time to send a hand written note means something.  The card doesn't have to be fancy, the note doesn't have to be long, and all I can think is, "this person must think I'm special to take the time to do that!" 

You don't have to subscribe to my experience, but I do encourage you to think about it.  The next time someone does something for you that really touches you, I encourage you to send a hand written note and see what type of response you receive.  Seriously, no pressure.

And, remember, mother's day is tomorrow.  If you don't send a physical card, you might consider Hallmark.com.   Sometimes, the thought is enough.

Copyright 2010 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment