Sunday, October 31, 2010

When to Say When

There are times in your life you have to compromise.  The important thing to note is when you really have to make that compromise or when you're begin stubborn.  When it comes to things I have always done, giving those activities up can be humbling and necessary - especially when it's not just my health in consideration.

Such a challenge is being given to me when I'm in my last trimester of pregnancy, anemic, put on rest, and my husband who has been my champion and care-giver gets ill himself -  and needs to be taken care of.  Sigh.  Isn't that always the way? 

So what do you do when you're faced with needing help from others when you shouldn't do something yourself?  I have to tell you, NOT doing what I want to do and have been able to do in the past is very challenging.  Learning how to ask for help is the best thing I can do - and so I'm doing it.  I have great friends who live nearby who have offered to help out.  One little word was needed from me, "yes" (I added a "please.") 

Having people who I can count on touches me to the depths of my soul.  Who can you count on in your life?  Be thankful for them and don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.  Feeling needed is a great feeling!  Invite help and you might be surprised who is there for you.

Copyright 2010 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment