Friday, October 28, 2011

Colds Stink

The tickle at the back of your throat... the itchy and watery eyes... the runny nose...  feeling worn down...  usually these symptoms all add up to a cold.  So what do you to weather the feeling bad, but not so bad that you stop your life and take a day off?  What if you have an audition?

Many swear by teas, echinacea, vitamin C, orange juice, plenty of liquids and chicken noodle soup.  Emergen-C is handy in my bag of wellness.  If you're able to get some doting on my your mom, all the more power to you!  Do you also use petroleum jelly on your nose to stop the red dry and achy feeling the skin around the nose gets from the constant wiping, dripping and blowing?  If you don't use that, what do you use?

And when I have to audition, I don't stop and give excuses.  If they can tell I'm sick, good for them.  If they can't and they just think I have a bit of a nasal quality, good for me.  Either way, I've done what I wanted to do which is to show up, do my best, and give myself another opportunity to work.

After all, when should a sneeze stop me from getting cast?

Copyright 2011 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment