Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Life Grows Time

So often when I was young, I felt it would take forever to become an adult.  Now that I am an adult with all the bells and whistles of being a parent, I find time is on an odd continuum for me.  I don't think this is just a result of being a parent, though I do think parenting accentuates this experience.

A great example of what I'm talking about is daylight savings time.  When I was a kid, I just thought people were weird for changing time to have more sun time in the day.  Now that I'm an adult, I still think it's odd, but an additional layer of torture seems to be mixed in now when I miss sleep in Spring.  Who wants to miss sleep?

Well, daylight savings, every fall when I loose an hour you kick my butt.  Now, you're also kicking my daughter's butt and that's just not cool.

Though time after time I hear time is relative. It is.  So I'll treat it like a relative by trying to be adaptable and forgiving of flaws.  Well...and there's nothing I can do to stop time, so I better invite it in!

Copyright 2013 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment