Monday, December 26, 2011

'I Am Ready to Be a Parent' List

If 7 of 10 of these are true, you may be ready to be a parent.

1.  I don't really feel like I need time to myself.
2.  "Sleep?  Who needs sleep?" or "I can sleep when I'm dead" are thoughts I think often.
3.  I don't have to prove myself to anyone.
4.  I am in a loving supportive relationship and/or feel I have the resources to successfully raise a child.
5.  I don't get angry or freaked out often.
6.  I believe I can model good behavior for a child (all the time, not just in public).
7.  I have the humility to recognize when I need help and I ask for it BEFORE situations become hazardous or out of control.
8.  I'm okay with situations when I don't have the answers.
9.  I like being sick and taking care of others.
10.  The needs of others can be more important than my own needs most of the time (especially when infants or toddlers are in my care).

No comments:

Post a Comment