Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Thoughts for the Year

Wow.  It's been the hardest year of my life and I can safely say I'm glad it's over.   I did too much and was not able to find the simple joys as often as I like.  Teaching too much, finding my footing as a new mom, taking the gargantuan and terrifying statistics classes in my Ph.D. classes (that I thankfully passed - a C is failing), and running my private wellness studio all added up to very little time to rejuvenate and enjoy life.  I'm NOT going to do that to myself again EVER.

How am I avoiding over-committing this year?  I've backed off of one teaching engagement so I'll only be teaching at PCC this coming semester, 2 classes.  I'll be taking more normal courses for my Ph.D. that should be challenging in a way I enjoy.  I am going to re-dedicate myself to my yoga practice and GO TO a class weekly to remind my body of the joys of motion.  I'll be seeing more clients in my BodybyHeather practice in my new studio because I'll have more time (without loosing my personal time).  And my husband and I are making a date night at least once a week.

I have much to look forward to this year.  Most of what I'm looking forward to is exercising my ability to choose how my life happens.  Thankfully, I'm really clear on the things that make me happy and how I can incorporate them back into my life.  Now, I just need to do it.

No better time than the present!  I'm off to read a book.  Happy New Year!

Copyright 2012 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment