Friday, June 22, 2012

A Scar Doesn't Have to be Traumatic

When I look down at my leg and see the left over bruises from falling in the boat after hitting an unseen rock, I don't curse that healing mark - I'm glad it's there.  As I'm in my every day routine, I forget that I was just in the Canadian forest by way of a puddle plane fishing my heart out with my family catching 30 inch fish that gave me a great fight.

What I get to celebrate through this soon-to-be scar is the fact that this really happened.  I really went to the Canadian wilderness, stayed in a lodge with my family, and caught awesome fish.

Sometimes scars don't traumatize, they make me realize that I'm alive.  I'm not hoping to be hurt, but I am glad when I can find a good reason to remember why the hurts exist: to remind me that I can live large and be happy.

Embrace your scars!

Copyright 2012 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment