Monday, June 25, 2012

Some Days You Just Have to Get Creative

As a student, I'm strapped for cash.  As a mother, I have to be innovative.  As a wife, I have to be strategic in romance (gone are the spontaneous dates).  Can I have it all?  Well, I do enjoy my life - but there's always a cost, isn't there?  I get to have the experiences I desire (earn Ph.D., married to my dream guy, cute child, run my own wellness studio, and teach at colleges).  But when does that all come together to culminate in life satisfaction?

I don't think it does until I'm done with my Ph.D.   Sigh.  To get what I'm after in my life, which is more time to enjoy the fruits of my labor, I have to be done with the labor part.  I'm certainly laboring.

If you're struggling with where you are in life and see where you want to go - from what seems like a far distance, know that you are already ahead of the game because you can see where you want to go.  Most people don't know what they want out of life so they can't pursue anything.  I see it.  Plainly.  And it's so close!

The hardest distance is the last mile after running a marathon.  I'm there.  Now I'll try to rally my energy to get to the finish line!  If I can do it, so can you!  "Go [boldly or] confidently in the direction of your dreams..."

Copyright 2012 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment