Sunday, June 24, 2012

Time For Chage?

As humans, we are drawn to the guise that if we create a routine, we are safe.  As a result, any deviation from that routine can be unsettling.  But life is a continuum of change!  We're always growing, changing, and moving - even when we're still.  You breathe, right?  So where is the middle ground of finding the steps to take to continually assure yourself that you're in the best and happiest place for you to flourish?


My way of happiness management, as I sometimes call it, is to look around and see the holes in my life.  I'm one of those lucky people who know what I want in life.  I know my careers, how to develop and add to skills that make me more employable in those areas.  I picked a dreamy and wonderful man who understands me and supports me in my life quests.  I have a terrific little girl who astounds me daily with her giggles and demands.  I live in a place where opportunity abounds.


Now, sometimes, I question the easier parts of my equation: am I living in the best place for my family so we can all have a happy life?  When I went to Canada recently and saw the sky for the first time in years (LA does NOT offer appropriately breathtaking sky views due to smog), I began to wonder at the wisdom of living in LA.  The truth is, after living many places throughout the world in my adult life, I acknowledge every place will have pluses and minuses.  But where are the places I draw the line(s)?


The bottom line is, my pledge to myself and my family is to remain curious about my choices so I can best serve myself and my family.  I will continue to seek out options for us to make sure we are living the best lives.  Sometimes that might mean change, sometimes that might mean affirmation of the life we now live.  That's why life is an adventure!


Copyright 2012 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment