Saturday, July 7, 2012

Trim Your Life

You know, every now and then, it's time to look at your life and evaluate what's working and what's not.  Today I was trimming my hedges (which are wild and huge!) and I was thinking about the difference between trimming them for health and growth versus aesthetics/geometrical shapes.  I'm a naturalist, so I like a little wild and big for my hedges...but am I like that for my life?

So I started to wonder about what I trim in my life.  As a person with hyphenate careers (Rolfer/Actress/educator/student/wife & mom), I have prioritized things in my life to insure I can accomplish what I'm set out to accomplish.  After all, why set myself up for failure?  So, I've trimmed acting down to a minimum (only shooting a movie of late), limited my teaching, and focused on my wellness studio and my Ph.D. completion.  Thank the sweet baby Jesus that my Ph.D. coursework should be complete August 8~!  The answer to my question above is: Yes.  I do like to live large!

When living large, how do you figure out what to focus on and what to let slide in your life?  Something I'm always reminding myself is just because I'm focusing on another part of my life doesn't mean I'm not going to return to other parts when I'm able.  There's a time and place for everything.  The truth is, every time I enjoy growth in one part of my life, the other parts flourish as well!

Happy Trimming!

Copyright 2012 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment