Monday, October 6, 2014

A Walk in the Park

Saturday was a lovely day for many reasons.  The temperature was 101 - in October.  Oh. L.A.   However, my husband and child let me sleep in and we all went out to breakfast.  Afterward, at our daughter's suggestion, we went to our local park where she enjoyed the swing, her favorite park activity.  My vibrant daughter prefers my husbands' pushes to mine - so I was able to stretch in the shade.  Ah.

Yesterday was less active, but I did mindfully rest for 5 minutes in savasanah. Instead of excuses, I'm simply proud I was able to find a small but effective part of my day to be mindfully physically present.

Today, after lunch, I spent quite some time doing some stretches on the floor and standing.  I can feel the blood moving, which feels like energy flow!

Baby steps.  And I love it!

Copyright 2014 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment