Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Getting Back to ME

There are days when I look at my self and I sigh with resignation that who I am now is close to who I want to be...but I'm not quite there yet.  What makes me feel this way is when I look in the mirror, I notice I don't quite look like I did before I had a child though I'm close to the same weight.  I was physically a power house before my child and now I barely have time to take a walk once a week.  So how do I get back to me?

This morning for the first time in a LONG time, I did a sun salutation.  And then I felt better than I have in a long time.  Movement for me is integral to my happiness.  It's how I manage stress, it's how I work out my inner turmoil, and it's how I feel strong.  Ironically, it's the first thing I tend to put to the side when my time is at a premium - and it's the most important resource I have as a human being.

The next bunch of blog posts are going to chronicle how I reintegrate moving back into my life.  Some of that may be in the form of laying on different types of objects that open up muscular tension (like a ball), or bamboo, or just simply stretching - or actually using the tread mill I was so eager to buy so I could walk at night in my house.  Sigh.

I urge you to take the GETTING BACK TO ME challenge if you need it!  One step at a time....

Copyright 2014 Heather L. Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment