Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Yoga Wrings Out the Body

http://shivarea.com/online-store
There are days when I'm able to enjoy the idea of returning to my yoga practice and open up my body with enthusiasm.  On such days, I can't usually make it to a yoga studio, so my go-to DVD is Shiva Rea's YOGA SHAKTI, which offers the ability to choose several practices OR I can build my own sequence.  Today, I chose the basic flow, which is about 45 minutes.  Ahhhh.

Resting always feels better to me when I've done some motion with my body.  Today, I also had the added benefit of enjoying my little kitten, Loki, jumping on my arm and wrestling me - which made me cackle with delight.

Every day I need to test my inner and outer energy level.  Then I see where I am that day to best decide how to proceed with motion.  Some days, that will lead me to a walk.  Other days I will want to do a strenuous full body work out.

Today, I'm thrilled that I did what I needed.  What do you need today?

Copyright 2014 Heather Corwin 

No comments:

Post a Comment