Sunday, May 29, 2011

Looks Can Be Deceiving

There are times when I look at a part of my life or a piece of my life and how it's working and it looks to me like it's dead...so I want to chuck it - throw it away and make room for more...whatever.  Just the other day, I was about to toss what looked to be a dead plant into the compost; I forgot.  Today I walk out to my garden and that very plant is sprouting and has it's first bloom on it.  I didn't know it was a perennial!

Which got me to thinking that I might be quick to throw things out if they don't seem to be working.  Now sometimes things just need to be thrown out, re-gifted, or donated to the local charity - and sometimes that's the best choice.  I'm not talking about those times.  I'm talking about the times that I have no patience to learn the lesson of the dormant plant.  What's the living truth inside the seemingly ugly exterior?

Am I being too metaphorical?  Perhaps.  But in every day's lessons lives the beauty and splendor of life.  I have to take it where I can get it! 

Where are your life's ugly truths that make your life an unexpected treasure?

Copyright 2011 Heather Corwin, photo credit: Copyright 2011 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment