Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nothing Sweeter than a Smile

I was blown away by the power of another person seeing me and, as a result, that person's face lit up like I was her first Christmas tree!  I don't think there's a better feeling in the world than the transformation I witness in another: exuberance at my entrance!  (This isn't just about my little girl giggling and wriggling at my appearance, it also happens with good friends.)

I'm human.  I want people to like me.  When people I like really like me too, that feels GREAT.  I've learned over the years that I have to wait to decide if I want a person to be a friend.  Sadly, I've experienced rejection if I seem too enthusiastic about a person before they have decided they like me.  Don't you remember those "friends" who jilted you in grade school?  Well, sometimes it still happens as adults, but we learn to bury the feelings faster and more efficiently.

Well, today I want you to remember that you can deeply effect someone's day.  Remember what a smile can do for someone else.  You don't have to jump up and down when you see her or break into giggles, but a little grin can give you both joy that keeps you both smiling throughout the day!

Copyright 2011 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment