Thursday, May 26, 2011

Asking for HELP

There are times in your life when you can't do it all - even if you wanted to!  Asking for help can be a challenge, but a lesson that all who are wise need to embrace.  It takes a village, right?  I'm also including all of us who are people, not just parents, not just children...people.

When I was growing up I loved when a person I loved recognized I needed help without my asking for it.  The offer of help was such a relief!  As an adult, the offers are more rare - especially because I WANT to be able to do it all and others sense this in me so they don't offer.  I still cry with relief when my husband sees I'm at my wits end and need some help - and he offers silently and without judgement.

However, no one can read my mind.  It's up to me to speak my needs and tell others when I need help.  I was pleasantly surprised at the positive responses I received from family and friends who came to my rescue...because I asked and I received!

When is the last time you asked for what you needed?  You just might get it!

Copyright 2011 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment