Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fruit of your Labor

Today as I was picking the oranges and tangelos and Meyer lemons from my back yard to share with my clients and friends, I started to think about all the fruit that might not get picked off the trees just because I don't have time.  What happens to fruit that stays on the tree?

Well, I'm no arborist.  However, I have some ideas what I think happens to the fruit that doesn't get harvested.  The fruit either falls off and rots on the ground waiting for me to dispose of them, a squirrel feels lucky to have a great meal, or it dries up and stays on the tree far longer than it should.  I started to think how that might apply to my life.  What happens to the unrealized opportunities in my life?  Do they get taken by others?  Dry up and rot?  Or do the fruits get composted to turn into another version of opportunity for me?

The interesting aspect to this pondering for me is the fact that the lens I choose to use determines how I am affected.  For example, if I go with the idea that the fruit I eat is the perfect fruit for me and the others all go to good and appropriate ends makes me feel like all is right in the world.  This idea feels right to me.  I also like the idea that the fruit all returns to the earth in some way thereby feeding the earth and it's inhabitants in the circle of life.  Maybe a little airy fairy thinking, but I like that idea too.

What I'm NOT going to focus on is the stuff I can't control: the idea that the fruit left on the tree is all missed opportunities.  That's just plain foolish.  I'm lucky to have these fruits in my backyard at the ready for juicing and enjoying.  That's just what I'm going to do with them - enjoy the fruits!  I think I started off the New Year in this celebration: mimosas with fresh orange juice that I squeezed myself.  Sigh.  Life is good.  Let the fruits of your life be plentiful and overflowing!

Copyright 2012 Heather Corwin

1 comment:

  1. I am continuously invstigating online for tips that can facilitate me. Thanks!
    Banks 63887 Six-Gun Diesel Tuner with Switch

    ReplyDelete