Monday, January 16, 2012

Intimacy...is great!

There are times when the world is too much and I need a little rejuvenation before tackling the hassles that challenge me.  The simplest and quickest way for me to feel solid again is some affection from my husband.  I'm not talking about sexual touch, I'm talking about sensual touch.

When I wasn't married, I knew sensual touch - which is touch directly to my skin with a loving kindness intention - was something I craved.  I lived in the middle of Ohio, had no boyfriend, and very few people touched me (literally) when I lived there.  To remedy that problem, and it was a problem for me, I sought out regular massage therapy.  That choice was a successful do-fer (as in "it will do fer now").

Everyone has their own resources that help salve the wounds of the world and we all are wired to crave touch.  Touch releases hormones in our bodies that keeps us happy.  In the awful event that touch has been used as weapon against us, healing can begin with professionals in a safe setting who support our need for touch.  Plus, touch is non-verbal and can help get underneath all the brain chatter to help soothe our souls.

Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who I can go to anytime I want for an embrace to soothe my soul.  I have the added joy of having a massage therapist and Rolfer who both work with me to keep my body rejuvenated as I bombard it with the stressors of my life.   If you crave touch, you might consider the loving and trained hands of a massage therapist or Rolfer.  I know I'm gratful every time I visit!

Copyright 2012 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment