Friday, January 6, 2012

Not Just a New Year's Resolution

It's the time of year when many people are baffled that the holidays are over and that there are no more parties with great food and drink to attend.  Some feel relief at knowing there are no more surprise gifts needed (for those who do gifts).  Some are thrilled that the travel and niggling discomfort at sleeping in another's bed, no matter how lovely, is OVER.  Many will be pondering if the resolutions thought about will ever come to pass.

Well, I stayed home with my family this holiday season and we had no visitors from afar.  Sickness plagued our house, so that validated the decision.  During the care-taking of others, I had plenty of time to think about what I would like to experience in the new year.  I'm not necessarily a "resolution" girl, I just like to take the time to review what's happened, what I'd like to happen, and how to make things happen in my life.

Here's what I came up with:
1.  More time with friends
2.  Dating my husband
3.  Me time
4.  Family time

Memories inspire me and make me happy - and making them is a joy!  Thankfully, I have great people in my life to make memories with.  Now I just have to see them to do so!

What are the happenings you'd like to create this year?

Copyright 2012 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment