Saturday, January 7, 2012

Magical Powers

I am fascinated by the idea of magic.  I love the thought that I could conjure energy to open doors without moving or fly to transport myself without a plane.  But is there magic in the world?  I really think there is.

When I work with people through Rolfing or Somatic Psychology coaching, I partner with them to change both structurally in their body and mindfully.  I witness a spine lengthen, breath increase, and balance prevail.  The body mirrors the mind and vice versa.  So...that transformation is magical to me.

Another form of magic is the ability to help another perceive the gifts they bring to the world.  As an educator in my wellness practice and at the colleges where I teach, I witness students discover elements about themselves they may not have been aware of; these elements give these students courage to follow their dreams.  That's powerful and magical.

Remember that tingling feeling of your skin when something is just perfect in your life?  Or the buzzing in your belly when you know something is just RIGHT?  That's your own personal magic cheering you on!  Do you believe in magic?

Copyright 2012 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment