Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dates are Wonderful

Last night my husband and I went on a date to the Melting Pot in Pasadena.  We haven't been able to have many dates since the arrival of our daughter for the simple fact that she wakes up at 6am and so do I (during the week, my husband gets up on the weekends).  That translates to an early bedtime for me because I like sleeping and being rested.  Sadly, that also means that going out at night means I turn into a pumpkin at 9pm or so.

However, last night, caution was thrown to the wind!  As a thoughtful and terrific Christmas present, Doug's sister not only gave us the funds to have a night on the town, the offer came with babysitting!!!  So after a fun afternoon of playing a board game together with my sister-in-law and her honey, my husband and I fed the little one, loved her up, and tucked her in for a restful evening.  Then ... we hit the town!

We had reservations in "lovers lane."  This meant we had a cozy booth where other patrons did not have a view of us, nor did we have  a view of others.  The privacy was dreamy.  We enjoyed the classic fondue menu and relished the time to reconnect.  My husband is a great guy who is fun to be around.  That's why I married him!

This semester (I'm a Ph.D. student as well as a professor), my husband and I have dedicated one night a week to date night.  We're planning on having a babysitter (who primarily watches TV and calls if anything suspicious happens) one night a week so we can have a date.  I'm thinking we'll sometimes go out to eat, but more likely is us going to a great bookstore or walking around old town Pasadena.  Dates don't have to be an expensive dinner to be terrific.  Just having the time to laugh with and enjoy my man does the trick for me!

Copyright 2012 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment