Sunday, March 28, 2010

Great Books Inspire Hope

The AlchemistWhen I was leaving for college, the first time I ever moved away from home, a dear friend gifted me with THE ALCHEMIST (shown right).  When I read the back cover, I thought it might be hokey fable in simple language that would be a quick read and I could thank her for it later.  Instead, I was enthralled in a simple story about a boy on a journey, similar to mine, trying to discover who he is and what is important to him.  The book mirrored some of my thoughts which touched me deeply.  

Any dreamer who is on a path would love to read this book.  This is a great gift for the graduating student (of any age)!

Eleven Minutes: A Novel 
(P.S.)Veronika Decides to Die: A 
Novel of Redemption (P.S.)Some other great reads of Paulo Coelho include VERONICA DECIDES TO DIE - don't let the name fool you! 
and ELEVEN MINUTES.

Copyright 2010 Heather Corwin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment