Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Art of a Bath

At the end of a long, hard week, I do what the Romans did - take a freaking bath! Well, I bathe more often than they did, but I appreciate it just as much.

What's my favorite accompanying rituals? Candles everywhere, soft music (Loreena McKennitt, Michael Buble, Simon & Garfunkel, Norah Jones), and make sure my favorite foaming bubble bath (Aura Cacia Lavender Foam bath on left) is plentiful and sending the natural and delectable smell of lavender throughout my home.

True story. I drove home to Altadena from Santa Barbara where I'm earning my Ph.D. in somatic Psychology. When I entered the house, I could smell lavender. Not the nasty sticky sweet smell an old crone might reek of (please forgive the image), but rather the same smell lavender bushes in my garden gently emit. After my intensive training and learning, the aromatherapy washed over my senses and I tackled my husband with a hug.

You can create your own weekly ritual to tend to your wellness - I imagine you already have at least one. May I suggest you try mine? It's divine!!!

Copyright 2010 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment