Thursday, March 11, 2010

What's My Part in Health?

There's been a lot of talk in the past decade about the body-mind connection and how any psychological distress might link to a dis-ease in the body. Some will go so far as to place blame on the person who is sick - as if being diagnosed with a condition is not enough.

Who needs blame? I propose we work within compassion: for ourselves and others. I propose we seek out support and health care providers we trust prior to any diagnoses. I propose we do what is in our power to remain in health: body, mind, and spirit.

We are inundated with information about how to be healthy. Some ideas that make sense to me are eating whole and organic foods (when I can), moving around to make my body feel good, and working with a talk therapist when I feel I need more tools to address a situation.

Bottom line: "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Copyright 2010 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment