Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Allergies. Can they be stopped?

I tell you what, my nose running or my throat dry irritates me.  Here in L.A., it's almost a sure thing that I'll have one or the other at all times.  So what can I do about it?

  • drink plenty of water, 8 8oz. glasses are recommended per day (hydration can help your body function better to avoid full-blown allergies)
  • include local honey in diet (honey is a mixture of all the flowering plants in your area, ingesting honey has proven to decrease allergic reactions to these plants)
  • sleep (rest allows your body to regenerate, which encourages good immunity)
  • low stress 
  • humidifier (the Vicks UV Germ free is my favorite pictured below - I've tried MANY)
All of these actions will also help you have a healthier life and possibly live longer - and these actions have all been proven to decrease the likelihood of you suffering from allergies.
Happy Breathing!!!
Liberation from Allergies: Natural Approaches to Freedom and Better Health (Complementary and Alternative Medicine)Curing Airborne Allergies: A Revolutionary, Safe and Natural Approach for Adults and ChildrenVicks UV 99.999% Germ Free Humidifier
Copyright 2010 Heather Corwin

1 comment:

  1. Bryan B. commented on Facebook:
    "spirulina powder is also great for calming my nasal allergies. about 3grams mixed in water or a smoothie."

    Kate G. commented on Facebook:
    "Great advice, Heather. I would just add that the honey needs to be *RAW*. Regular honey has been pasteurized at high temperature and so the beneficial properties you mention have all been killed off. Also, do try a neti pot or nasal rinse. They are *magic*! http://www.neilmed.com/usa/adword_sr.php?gclid=CJCi66zyqaECFQpLbQodM0sQDg "

    Tom G. commented on Facebook:
    "I second Kate's recommendation of a neti pot. It works better than anything I have ever tried."

    ReplyDelete