Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How Do You Want to BE?

As I wait to pick up my fuzzy love from the vet, I am pondering the things I most enjoy in life.  Some people do not value pets, and that's fine for them.  I, however, love a fuzzy creature sharing my home and looking at me with both curiosity and love.  His little purring sounds of pleasure remind me how simple giving and touch can be soothing and appreciated.  Plus, when he jumps up onto anything, he makes this trilling sound announcing his action - which cracks me up.  Stinky will also make that sound when we're walking by him to make sure we don't step on him.  He's learned to help us humans who do not always look where we step to NOT step on him.

All of that got me thinking about how I exist in the world and my choices around how I encourage other people to interact with me, how I go about letting other people know I'm in the room, and how I show other people appreciation.  I don't think I'll be rubbing up against colleagues or friends soon in affection, but I do enjoy hugging my friends or shaking hands if they're not "huggy" people. 

Many friends might be surprised to realize I'm actually an introvert - which means lots of time in a room with lots of people is not my preferred way to be.  When I'm in that position, I'm great at connecting with people - and it wears me out.  I prefer one on one or small groups so I can easily feel included and include others in companionship.

My favorite way to show appreciation to people is giving my friends things from my garden.  I love gifting people with oranges, flowers, lavender, rosemary, mint, French sorrel, and whatever else the earth is gifting me.  Sharing like that makes me feel like I am personally contributing to my friends sensual pleasure as well as nurturing through nutrition.  If you don't know what you do, think of your favorite gifts (can even be cards or words!) that someone has given you in thanks.  You might consider adopting that idea and practicing it in your own life!  Have a great day!!!

Copyright 2010 Heather Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment