Sunday, April 18, 2010

Love is Good - Pass it On!

Prayer (Buddhism For You series)Universal Love Aspiration
Through the working of Great Compassion in their hearts,
May all beings have happiness and the causes of happiness,
May all be free from sorrow and the causes of sorrow;
May all never be separated from the sacred happiness, which is sorrowless;
And may all live in equanimity, Without too much attachment and too much aversion; and live believing in the equality of all that lives.
~Namo Amida Buddha

There are days when I get cut off in traffic or someone says something careless to me that upsets me - or whatever - and I can get fixated on that feeling.  I'd rather just love and let love and treat all as I would my brother or sister.  That point of view that we're all family seriously helps me forgive and move on.

We all have to share this planet.  I don't have to like you all of the time, and you don't have to like me all of the time.  AND it sure helps me enjoy the day if I have compassion for mistakes or human-ness - mixed in with MY human-ness.
Copyright 2010 Heather Corwin

Anger: Wisdom for Cooling the Flames

No comments:

Post a Comment